How long has it been since you had a scavenger hunt?
Last Thursday, our HR manager arranged us into teams of 5 and we played a scavenger hunt game around downtown LA, starting from the Central Library and ending at LA Live. For an hour and a half, we power-walked and solved puzzles, such as:
- Locating animal sculptures or specific parts of a complex structure, like the Cabrillo Venetian Quadrant
- Studying the cryptic symbols on the steps of the library (aka the Well of Scribes)
- Finding historical places (such as Engine Co 28) and comparing them to the pre-renovated photos from the visitor guide posts
- Matching words/numbers on floor plaques to spell a phrase.
Some of the sights we explored today:
- Staples Center and Nokia Plaza
- An Indian restaurant hidden inside a tiny Figueroa Hotel
- The original The Pantry restaurant
- The 10 Areas of Study fence – LA Central…
View original post 136 more words